Translation

Actually, it is not for 1000 days. It is just that 3 years times 365 days plus June 27 through June 30, 2008 equals 1098 days, and that is way too cumbersome to convert into a blog headline. Futhermore, our release date will not be determined until May or June of 2011. Therefore, 1000 Days sounded just about right, more or less. Having noted all that, we are humbled and thrilled (Pres. Uchtdorf would refer to the feeling as "joyfully overwhelmed") about having this marvelous opportunity to serve in La Mision Mexico Veracruz.

Con amor,
Pdte. y Hna. Pete and JoElla Hansen

Sunday, August 22, 2010


Sisters Calvillo and Anguiano were assigned in the Martinez de la Torre Ward and it was divided creating the new Plaza Verde Ward. These are the very first baptisms in the history of that ward. The interesting story is the man in the foto, Bro. Arcadio. The others are not his family. The account was written by Sis. Anguiano.

"He was to be baptized on a Friday. He finally came to his interview but he didn't come to his baptism. I believed in him and in God. I knew that he would do it, nevertheless, I was a little worried about what we should do that he might be baptized. We looked for him on Friday afternoon but didn't find him. I trusted in God. That night I prayed that Father would show me what to do. I knew that He would reveal it to me. Through my dreams He has always helped me. I didn't dream anything all night long, but, I woke up at 6:15. It was time to get up at 6:30 and I thought I would just lay awake. But, sleep overcame me. It was those 15 minutes that Father required to tell me what to do. I saw Hno. Arcadio. I saw that we needed to visit him early in the morning. I saw exactly the words that I had to tell him that he would be ready to be baptized in a few hours. When the alarm sounded I told Sis. Calvillo that we needed to hurry and leave not later than 8. I told her what had happened and what we had to do. When we got to his house, he was just about to leave. We got there on time. We talked with him testifying exactly what I had dreamed that we should say to him. He committed and he did it. He is a very good man. I love God. He never abandons us even though it is late."

No comments: