Translation

Actually, it is not for 1000 days. It is just that 3 years times 365 days plus June 27 through June 30, 2008 equals 1098 days, and that is way too cumbersome to convert into a blog headline. Futhermore, our release date will not be determined until May or June of 2011. Therefore, 1000 Days sounded just about right, more or less. Having noted all that, we are humbled and thrilled (Pres. Uchtdorf would refer to the feeling as "joyfully overwhelmed") about having this marvelous opportunity to serve in La Mision Mexico Veracruz.

Con amor,
Pdte. y Hna. Pete and JoElla Hansen

Sunday, January 3, 2010



While at the seminar, they took us to the Anthropological Museum. Wow. It was loaded with great stuff. It is huge and we saw only the wing dedicated to the Gulf Coast. On the way in there is a pillar with replicas of ancient inscriptions. It represents a tree of the life of Mexico. There is a canopy and water falls from it in a 360° pattern. The day was quite warm but looked refreshingly cool behind the circular waterfall, so I strolled under the tree and stood by its trunk, much to the delight of the other mission presidents nearby. They were all laughting and smiling and taking pictures of me, so I posed for a minute and then walked out.


I was happy that they were happy, but I couldn't figure out why no one joined me until I walked out and they showed me the sign. In part it reads "you are prohibited from putting yourself under the 'umbrella' of the waterfalls . . ." Thanks for telling me. I didn't get arrested, but plain clothes security didn't want to let me into the museum because they thought my pants cuffs were wet. They might have been a little damp. I didn't acknowledge that I understood their language and just kept walking. The museum was nice and cool inside.

1 comment:

Clay & Amy Hansen said...

They were more anxious to record evidence of your law-breaking than to help you avoid breaking the rules? There must be a good zone conference presentation in there somewhere.