Translation

Actually, it is not for 1000 days. It is just that 3 years times 365 days plus June 27 through June 30, 2008 equals 1098 days, and that is way too cumbersome to convert into a blog headline. Futhermore, our release date will not be determined until May or June of 2011. Therefore, 1000 Days sounded just about right, more or less. Having noted all that, we are humbled and thrilled (Pres. Uchtdorf would refer to the feeling as "joyfully overwhelmed") about having this marvelous opportunity to serve in La Mision Mexico Veracruz.

Con amor,
Pdte. y Hna. Pete and JoElla Hansen

Saturday, June 19, 2010


You will love this story. Elders Villalobos and Chavez had been teaching the younger lady in white. The home, which is in Ciudad Mendoza, was small. As is sometimes the case, there was a room divider separating a common area from a sleeping area. The divider in this case was a blanket. Unbeknownst to them, the lady in the wheelchair was sitting behind the blanket listening to the lessons which were being taught to her granddaughter. They finished teaching all the lessons to the younger lady. Together they made the plans for her baptism. As they were about to leave and much to their surprise, the lady in the wheelchair wheeled past the curtain and into the other part of the small home She said, "I have been listening. I would like to join your church. I have learned that baptism is required. May I be baptized?" A couple of weeks later, she was.

We love Mexico.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey FAmilia Hansen! Did you get my last little comment on your post? I can't remember which one it is. but if you could Email me that would be great! I was an Elder leaving the mission when you guys first came in--my name is Bridger Frampton
my email is sb.frampton@gmail.com. I am working at the MTC and have some elders who are headed your way! please write me! thanks!

McCallisters said...

What a great story! I guess there is something to be said for blanket room dividers.