Translation

Actually, it is not for 1000 days. It is just that 3 years times 365 days plus June 27 through June 30, 2008 equals 1098 days, and that is way too cumbersome to convert into a blog headline. Futhermore, our release date will not be determined until May or June of 2011. Therefore, 1000 Days sounded just about right, more or less. Having noted all that, we are humbled and thrilled (Pres. Uchtdorf would refer to the feeling as "joyfully overwhelmed") about having this marvelous opportunity to serve in La Mision Mexico Veracruz.

Con amor,
Pdte. y Hna. Pete and JoElla Hansen

Friday, July 24, 2009


We have 5 Peruvians in the mission. Four of them were together in a meeting for the first time during their entire mission, so we snapped this moment in Aztec history. They are Elders Huaman, Reyes, Chacacanta, and Bada. Elder Reyes got his haircut a couple of days before but the job was so horrible that he decided to buzz it (which is against the rules). The first haircut cost 20 pesos, about $1.50. The second one he did himself for free. You get what you pay for. These are all excellent missionaries. You can tell that by their happy spirits which show in their eyes and smiles.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

I was so excited to see a picture of my son's companion on your blog! My son is Elder Deal and until today (tomorrow?) he's been serving with Elder Chacacanta. I hope you don't mind, I'm following your blog and I love it. Thanks for the stories and pictures, I hope to see one of my son someday!