Translation

Actually, it is not for 1000 days. It is just that 3 years times 365 days plus June 27 through June 30, 2008 equals 1098 days, and that is way too cumbersome to convert into a blog headline. Futhermore, our release date will not be determined until May or June of 2011. Therefore, 1000 Days sounded just about right, more or less. Having noted all that, we are humbled and thrilled (Pres. Uchtdorf would refer to the feeling as "joyfully overwhelmed") about having this marvelous opportunity to serve in La Mision Mexico Veracruz.

Con amor,
Pdte. y Hna. Pete and JoElla Hansen

Thursday, May 7, 2009



NOTE: THIS STORY STARTS IN THE BLOG POST BELOW.

I also got to interview Rubi, the 20 year old. She had not yet been taught the law of tithing, so I did that. Then I reviewed with her the other commandments. She understood perfectly and explained them all to me. Finally I asked her it she had heard of Joseph Smith. She smiled and told me the whole story commenting that it was most precious to her. I asked her if she wanted to be baptized. She beamed and her eyes glistened. "Sí, con mi familia." "Yes, with my family."


The first picture is the Silvestre Family in their side yard. They are Maria, Diana, Adrián, Rubicela, Elder Ventura, Victor, Elder Martinez. The second is the day of their baptism. Victor is preparing his papers to serve a full-time mission.

1 comment:

Linda Doll said...

Your last two stories of recent converts have been especially inspiring. Do you know how anxious you are making us to get out in the mission field?? Thank you for sharing!